Wednesday, June 18, 2014

6/17/14 notes on audio engineering





  i hate ou in person , I love you when I'm alone.

   ( the language of insects , in sex , insects , in sex there is there what is there ) 

  Do insects have tongues I don't think so. 

  If every instrument with a pickup or generators is run direct it likely will lead to some semblance of a hermetic environment, especially as there's no naturalness in the reverberation. I disagree: wire and tubes , transformer coils are natural as are rooms containing air.

 It kind of leaves us to our own devices , doesn't it?"Sunk , living into the horror of my own being. I have been able to truly know myself , since I have been able to truly hate myself." Who is that quote from? A Belgian Symbolist I gather. If you know please tell me: I could look it up on the web , the problem being likened to a piano keyboard that produces different animal noises when each key is depressed. I know it might not seem fair to criticise the web so while using it; yet it was designed to be critiqued . One of the problems with The Web , FM Radio , christianity  is that it started out free and open and then someone came along and said: Now we will do this , and others followed suit in the manner of businessmen.


  What we need ; I require and I've heard sentiments that I'm not the only one, is the portal space without distractions.

  A place to hear one's self think. even if the experience is rather disturbing it might jostle loose something learned from within, freeing it in its proper , usable space. Sometimes , though, it's good to be uninterested in one's thoughts , or at least interested in some thing other than what one had decided was thought. It seems to be one goal of the construction of artificial reverberations to make the reverberation tangible , a thing. One has to be discreet , of course; probably one thing meant by the engineers who devised the discreet 4-channel format. I wanted a separate channel for each group member , or radically different textures seemingly behind each speaker, the listener then being able to create a suitable sound environment by moving about. I also am aware now why that hasn't happened very often. I've tried it sometimes people stated I didn't know how to mix a pop record: they are mostly mono with a little stereo like cake icing.

  How the web was good is that it brought to economic consciousness the experiential . We might experience decaying temples of ideas , or ourselves even what is decay even, the coastline was experienced by Koreans or Japanese long ago , yes , it isn't like we just discovered it? Unless a further state of decay qualifies something new.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home