Friday, May 31, 2013

May 2013 notes on audio engineering



 I  know that enough people pay attention  ( what is enough?)  that there must be even audio engineers who read my essays.

  I don't like to run things direst - computer to the same or different computer ; hermetically sealed - no air. I know many audio engineers would agree with me there.  What I discovered is that with sounds text to speech and delayed ; it is possible to inscribe rather precise geometric shapes in the stereo field . i say rather , since i place the speakers slightly askew , pointing outwards : in order to encourage myself to find a real center in my mixes , and not just  judge everything in my created world according to a good monitor placement. I think certain recording personalities in the northwest u.s. may have seen the mystical potential of running direct.

  I don't compromise. Analog is capable of compromise in most configurations . A-dat is obviously compromised , at least through phase cancellation and the accompanying mixing boards. Native microprocessor recording is usually quite successful these days. I run into strangenesses when many processes, notes , chords , waveforms, loud dynamics occur at once. It is also severely compromising to do nothing or leave those out.

  
  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home