Saturday, June 26, 2010

microcassette 3

excuse me please for being the world's worst disk jockey.

(of course now you aren't going to excuse me; the way I was brought up has something to do with it, can't be other than what I am. )


This is a microcassette I've been listening with great pleasure and the transfer is luxurious enough to forfeit shame.

Some of the songs are from a probably never to be released audio dvd ' White Supremist' ; there is only one dvd-r disc so far.

Many of these songs later had overdubs, the realization of focussed voice together with the initial impulse.


-making transfers of compositions recorded without operating a computer (o.k. minidisc recorders have a small microprocessor yet it can mostly be ignored and it doesn't object) .

Nothing against computers- marvelous machines really ; it's nice to get away from frowning trying to find the cursor in order to save the file ( 'curser?' I wonder if 'fil' is related to 'filial' for brother , I 'll consider research- those dictionary makers don't know everything- that's why it's a living language, though they know quite a bit ) .





track listing



'Please ,miss sunup'


(you won't notice this is the second time I've said please in this article ) is a song about performing and duking it out with guys for various reasons and meeting the most amazing amazonial women and not knowing what to do with them and later realizing that I might have inspired them though they are not in love with me , perhaps in love with something they imagined.

I hope you realize I love you - this is why I explain such things.


It means nothing to me

The doer and the socialite

( in between the proper songs are 'advertisements' for other tracks. I didn't plan to advertise.)


Violin mantra


A little violin playing reaches far; another of those songs that might sound better with a girl or two singing- doesn't everything?

I've read of the superiority of calfskin heads in places like tape-op magazine. I usually thought of a professional , or established pseudo-professional with a mic'ed ludwig drum-set or similar and that person not resorting to mylar drum heads. I'd never thought of my drums from sri-lanka ( formerly ceylon ) and west africa and that I might have some kind of kinship with he people who made them.



Everybody isn't the same


It's concerned with those instantaneous revelations while walking up the street and encountering total strangers and figuring out why they are not total strangers. -well, it's about more than that: there is a reason I write text instead of composing songs.



Too much rot


This reminds of a floorshow , a vamp - almost like 'The brazilian girls' or other recording acts I rather despise; though I adore and respect actual brazilian girls and admire some people who like the recording act. It's a song basically about how it's easy to lose one's highest aspirations.


instrumental composition


The overdub said something about pictures of frogspawn.


There's an expert from a drum and bass composition which I could find the original completeness eventually.


More goatskins. Shoddy: it's a song about someone who initiates everything of importance and therefore is deprecated , ignored.


This is a song which shares the same basic riff ;note wise though perhaps not harmonically - as ' My Pagan Ass' by Brain Donor and 'There's Only One Way' (to rock ) by Sammy Hagar.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standing_Hampton


I once thought Sammy Hagar was lame , I still think 'Heavy Metal ' that way.




( like the snare drum in this one…)


(Something about northern germany. Borgwaards were manufactured in Bremen : I've actually sort of lived there - very-amazing place with some very nice people.


This is a setting for a psalm from the anglican prayer book; I don't try to get too churchy , or replace the established church: I'm more interested in "psychic automatism inspired by divine will " to quote André Breton, though the translation of the Surrealist Manifesto you might have read in an art history book probably glossed over that phrase.

-this was slowed down to half-speed in the original recording; I imagine it sounds like early church harmoniums that way.


(takes a lot of wind power)

This song about 'Yes , my girlfriend, No , my girlfriend' , well you can imagine what that's about.


' In my Chocolate Bach-lit lifestyle'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home